This beautiful, gentle, naturally scented soap follows a 2000 year old Castile soap recipe. It is great for sensitive skin as there is no added fragrance. Only organic olive oil and calendula (marigold) flowers.
Calendula flowers are said to have antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that might make it useful in healing wounds, soothing eczema, and relieving diaper rash.
We begin by infusing organic olive oil with dried calendula flowers, at a medium temperature, for 12 hours. Once the soap batter is thick enough to pour, it is immediately put into the refrigerator to stop it from going through gel phase. This helps keep it a consistent color and makes it extra gentle.
After about a week, we take it out of the mold, cut it and then store it for 12 months to allow it to cure into a super gentle Castile soap.
Benefits of Castile (Bastille) Soap
- Cleans your body thoroughly by binding to dirt, dust and other debris, but then easily washing off.
- It is safe for people with sensitive skin (including babies)
- It is an excellent cleanser for those with eczema and psoriasis (non-irritating)
- Possesses Antibacterial Properties – specifically it has been said to help kill bacteria that causes acne
- Hypoallergenic – is ia a perfect soap for people who suffer from allergies
- Great Shampoo Alternative
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Safe for babies and pets
Each piece is formulated using the highest quality, sustainable ingredients including organic olive oil from the famous Valle de Guadalupe in region in Baja California, Mexico.
100% Organic Olive Oil
Size: Each piece is approximately 5oz.
Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Distilled Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Calendula officinalis (Dried Marigold Flowers)
Ingredient Origin:Â United States, Mexico
Organic, palm free, cruelty free.