How to use a natural shampoo bar
Uses for shampoo can be different, some of them clean, nourish and make your hair fabulous and others may destroy it. For those of us who grew up with shampoo in a bottle, natural bar shampoo is a relatively new concept for hair care and is certainly more efficient than the former.Â
Organic shampoo soap bars, as the name suggests, are absolutely safe for the environment. They are made with naturally occurring ingredients which are extremely gentle on your hair. They are biodegradable requiring no plastic cover for packaging. As may some people doubt, natural Shampoo Bars are not that difficult to use. You just have to find the right technique, if you are new to them.Â
When it comes to hair washing techniques with a bar, they sure can vary for different types of hair. You have to try first and then decide which one is best suited for you. Now let us see how to use a shampoo bar.
1: Apply the shampoo bar straight to your hair
Shampoo bars for natural hair are wonderful. Moreover, it is no harm to use a shampoo bar for colored hair.Â
- The first and foremost step is to begin with thoroughly wetting your hair and scalp all the way down.
- Now moisten the shampoo bar and gently apply it to your hair as if you are combing them. Keep adding water as the lather starts to form.Â
- Ensure you have not left any part. Now gently use your fingers to massage the shampoo on your scalp until a nice lather is formed and add more water if required.Â
- Remember to use your fingers as a comb working from top to down and do not gather your hair on the head to avoid the nasty tangles.Â
- Now comes the most crucial step. Rinse, rinse and rinse. Make sure, you are spending more time in rinsing than lathering or cleaning. If your hair is thick it becomes necessary for you to lift them in parts to ensure there is no residue of shampoo left on your scalp or hair.Â Â
This technique is ideal for using a shampoo bar for curly hair or color treated hair.Â
2: Make lather in your hands
You should use this technique if you do not want to experiment until you get used to washing your hair with a bar. This technique is ideal when washing long hair.
- As mentioned earlier, the first and foremost step is to begin with thoroughly wetting your hair and scalp all the way down.
- Wet your hands, take the shampoo bar between your palms and use them to create a foamy lather. You will be surprised at how sumptuous the lather can be with shampoo bars.
- Making use of your fingers like a comb, start from the scalp, work the lather down the length of the hair.
- Add more water if required and gently massage with your fingers into your scalp.
- Finally, itâ€™s time to rinse, rinse and rinse. Make sure, you are spending more time in rinsing than lathering or cleaning. If your hair is long, then you must lift them in parts to make sure you have cleaned the excess shampoo of your hair.Â
- You can repeat the process if you feel necessary. Donâ€™t worry, it wonâ€™t take your natural oils away.Â Â
This technique is the best for using shampoo bars for fine hair, dry hair or long hair.Â
3: How to wash long hair?
It is a little tricky to shampoo long hair with a bar but donâ€™t worry, youâ€™ll come around. You just have to explore a few techniques and choose the best one for yourself.Â
- It may sound weird but you have to tie your hair into a loose ponytail at first.Â
- Wet your hair completely.Â
- Now moisten the bar and apply it to your scalp gently from top to bottom. Keep adding water until you have created nice foamy lather. (It is up-to you to use the bar directly on hair or create lather in your hands first)Â
- Massage the scalp with small circular motions and let the shampoo drip from your entire hair length which is enough; youâ€™re not required to shampoo your hair length separately.Â Â
- Now comes the rinsing part for which you have to open your hair as you do not want any shampoo residue to remain trapped in your hair. Rinse for half a minute at least.Â
- Squeeze the extra water and towel dry your hair by gently patting and not rubbing it on your hair. If youâ€™re experiencing hair fall, then you should use one of your old cotton shirts to dry your hair.Â
As we are the creatures of habit, we prefer to do what we have always been doing. It is hard for us to switch at times. Same is the case with shampooing our hair. However difficult a change may be, it is also fruitful most of the times. And switching from bottled shampoos to shampoo bars is the decision you wonâ€™t regret. It is not too late to make your swap from plastic packaged products to environment friendly bars. Â
If you have already made up your mind about using shampoo bars, then Mikeâ€™s soaps is the one to trust. The essential oils in the all natural shampoo bar, produce a rich, creamy moisturizing lather which cleanses your hair gently yet effectively and even nourishes & moisturizes, leaving your hair clean, soft and shiny.Â
Try all the techniques and see which one works the best for you. If you have a technique that works for you, please leave a comment to share with others.Order your Natural Shampoo Bar from Mike’s Extraordinary Soaps today.Â